Saturday, January 1, 2011

I'm baaaack!!!!!!!! now in 2011

whoops been so busy lately I'v made another gap in my documented life whoever tries to biograph me must be annoyed :). well there is only two computers in the house, one is my sister's mac, the one that she uses all day in her cave. and the other one is the pc in the living room which has to be shared between my parents and me... I used to have a laptop but unfortunately it broke. technology and me don't get along very well :(. but my parents promise me a desktop since they saw how often I wrote in my blog. they don't want to get between me and my writing. I love my parents:).

just a few days before the end of the year I manage to finish my biology and math holiday homework. now I only have to finish the work sheet for chemistry which shouldn't take long since its only two pages. and I have read a (specific) book for literature. the library is still close for new year so I'll have to do that later.

anyway right now my father is in Indonesia. we planned to join him in two weeks. I amaze myself that I'm actually excited. Jakarta has an annoying humid weather and unbreathable polluted air. not to mention crowded filthy streets. but the thing I hate the most about jakarta is the extreme social class. I used to live in a rented two bedroom house in the poor side of the country but my father is an marketing assistant manager of one of the most powerful corporation in the country, the oil company. so I could see clearly the major difference of the two side of the social class. and I can't stand it.
I guess I am looking forward to meet my old friends. but deep inside there is just this concern that my friends won't be the same as my expectation. as humans normally do, they must have changed during the last two years. I don't know what to expect.
so the thing that gets me excited is actually the plane ride. the best part of an adventure is always the journey, not the destination. there's always something about airport that makes me feel like I'm going to a far off foreign land, even when I'm not. that's why I don't enjoy waving goodbye at the airport, not only I will be missing the person who's going, I know that they're off to an adventure while I'm going back to my boring life. I'd rather be the one who's leaving than the one who gets left behind.
anyway new year has been fun. I enjoy seeing the news reader say; " see you next year". instead of "see you tomorrow". that is something you only get to see once a year :). last year my mother, my sister, my cousins and me went to Sydney Harbour to see the fireworks. we lived in new south wales back then. after the show we decided five minutes fireworks is not worth having to wait patiently in the crowd, squashing inside the crowded train, and the intoxicated mob. basically the crowd is just too disturbing. so this year we're not bothered. we never really bother about new year anyway. for me every day is a new day. the last day of the year is nothing special, the last day of school is way more exciting. nevertheless fireworks are something I want to see. on new year's eve it was so hot that the whole family decided to sleep in the living room with the air con. I set my alarm to ring at midnight. so we get to watch the fireworks from the tv screen. we diceded to watch the one from sydney instead of in melbourne town square because it looks more grand. it was pretty!!! after it finish we turn the television off then we went back to bed. this new year certainly has been much more exciting than last year. and I'm not being sarcastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment