Wednesday, December 8, 2010

job searching

today was all about job searching.
I've been a bit too enthusiastic on my new ambition... getting a job.
at first my mother is somehow not very supportive. she thinks I'm being too materialistic. I've been whining about how I wanted a job, from her point of view I must have seem desperate. and yet she thinks I don't put as much effort to actually search for a job then I put to whine. I feel a bit taken a back when she confront me with all that statement. but I guess she's right.

but getting a job for me is so much more then the money. it means independent, challenge, and something to do during the holidays. it also help for the "world challenge" program that I'm involved in. I'll explain about that another day.

I wanted to put more effort in job searching. I went to Waverley gardens shopping centre with my sister and my cousins. me and my cousin went to stores and ask how to apply for job ( my other cousin and my sister is too young to get a job). most of the workers there told us to go online and search their website. we actually found a notice for vacant position in a cafe. it says to email our resume. I'm about to do that now, after I get the email address from my cousin who wrote it down.

so right now I'm sending a message to my cousin in facebook about the email address, opening coles website, and I just send a job application to Angus & Robertson book store. I was so nervous when answering the application form that I keep asking my parents for advice. then when I succed to send it I realize I made a mistake.
when the question asks:
"are you over 15 years of age and do you have a legal right to work in Australia?" I pressed the "NO" button instead of "YES"
I only realize that when I decided to print the application for safe keeping. I realize I can't undo the sending so I'm doomed. I just hope I still get the job. if I get to be called in an interview I could explain everything.
anyway I'm going to try applying for different companies now...
I'll start with a bismillah...

No comments:

Post a Comment